The Church of St. Ignatius, New York, NY has an opening for a full-time Pastoral Associate as Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry. This position organizes and directs the parish's religious education program, develops and implements faith formation programming for the youth of the parish, and collaborates with other ministries of the parish to promote its mission and apostolic priorities.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills
• Proven experience in program development and effective implementation
• Administrative skills, including budgeting, recruiting, and organizing
• Strong background in Catholic theology
• Ability to mentor young people in their faith formation
• Openness to share one’s personal journey of faith to others
• Mastery of technology skills to create documents, presentations, and social media
• Demonstrated ability to adapt personal skills to a new environment
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Team player
• Degree in theology, divinity, pastoral ministry, or religious education from a Catholic college or university, preference given to candidates with a degree from a Jesuit institution or with experience and knowledge of Ignatian Spirituality
• A strong Catholic faith commitment and a willingness to communicate it with joy
• Experience (minimum of 5 years) with programs of faith formation of young people at a Catholic parish or Catholic school
For a full job description, visit https://www.stignatiusloyola.org/index.php/education/Director_of_Religious_Education_Position.