The Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, New York, NY, has an opening for a full-time Pastoral Associate. This position organizes and directs the parish's faith formation programs for young adults and families, provides support for the parish's social justice programs, and collaborates with other ministries of the parish to promote its mission and apostolic priorities.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills
• Proven experience in program development and effective implementation
• Strong background in Catholic theology, including moral theology
• Ability to mentor young adults in their faith formation
• Openness to share one’s personal journey of faith to others
• Mastery of technology skills to create documents, presentations, and social media
• Demonstrated ability to adapt personal skills to a new environment
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Team player
• Degree in theology, divinity, pastoral ministry, or religious education from a Catholic college or university, preference given to candidates with a degree from a Jesuit institution or with experience and knowledge of Ignatian Spirituality
• A strong Catholic faith commitment and a willingness to communicate it with joy
• Experience (minimum of 2 years) with programs of faith formation at a Catholic parish or institution
• Familiarity with the social justice teachings and documents of the Catholic Church
For a full job description, visit https://www.stignatiusloyola.org/index.php/faith_formation/pastoral_associate_position.