National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is an independent source of Catholic news. Founded in 1964, we publish a biweekly newspaper, online news site, NCRonline.org, and Global Sisters Report, a website with reporting and columns by and about Catholic sisters. This fall we will launch EarthBeat, an online reporting project on faith and climate change.
We are seeking a marketing intern for the 2019/2020 school year. The internship is open to college students studying marketing, communications or a related field. Graduate students and recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
The internship will be part time (10-15 hours a week) and is a paid position. The intern will serve as a member of our marketing department, reporting to the Director of Audience Engagement, at NCR’s headquarters in midtown, Kansas City. The intern will need to work part of the time on Tuesdays and Thursdays during business hours.
The internship will start in late September and run through April 2020. At the conclusion of the program, the intern will gain first-hand experience developing promotions, understanding digital marketing and revenue models, and supporting strategies of a global publishing company.
- Plan, implement and track marketing deliverables in support of our products. Deliverables include ads, emails, direct mail and social media.
- Coordinate e-newsletters for subscribers, members and donors.
- Promote content to new audiences and media.
- Assist with maintenance of company constituent databases.
- Attend meetings to understand editorial products and identify marketing opportunities.
- Assist with coordination of conferences and exhibits.
- Update company websites.
- Complete research projects in support the marketing goals.
- Understanding of marketing concepts and terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills, eye for detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus).
- Some working knowledge of web content management systems; HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience setting up mail merges.
- Willingness to learn various email marketing systems; past experience with MailChimp and Constant Contact a plus.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith and issues affecting modern Catholics.
- Appreciation for the mission of National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company.