2020 CSC Jerry & Judy Kent Intern-in-Service Program Application
Spring Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until June 15, 2020
The Intern-in-Service program at the Catholic Student Center at Washington University is a volunteer campus ministry initiative geared towards recent college graduates who seek not only to grow personally, professionally and spiritually, but also to form students intellectually, morally, socially, and spiritually.
By helping with liturgies, programming, and various responsibilities at the CSC, interns will welcome all students and empower student leaders wherever possible. Interns provide a hospitable presence--both on campus and at the CSC--and help students connect life and faith in tangible ways. In addition to the service component, interns are formed through spiritual direction, regular meetings with our pastoral team, one-on-one supervision, and leadership formation through our one of a kind Catholic Leadership Development program. The goal of this rigorous formation is to facilitate discernment around the next step in an intern's life journey, as well as to help interns learn how to become active participants in parish life and moral leaders in their careers. Interns will live in community with each other and are compensated with food and housing, as well as a small stipend to cover gas, cell phone, personal expenses, and health insurance. The internship starts Aug. 1st and ends the last week of May.
Requirements for Applying for Internship: Application, Resume, Contact information for 2 references.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Be able to challenge students to grow—socially, spiritually, intellectually, and morally. Includes the ability to offer constructive feedback to all types of people.
- Be able to work with all backgrounds, cultures, and levels of faith/religion.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Scheduling flexibility that allows working almost every Sunday, several evenings every week, and occasional weekends and holidays.
- Computer & Technology Proficiency - Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Google Drives, etc. Social media (Facebook, twitter).
- Valid driver’s license
Upon receipt of your completed application and resume, you will be contacted by the CSC for an initial discussion. Based on this, a follow up interview (preferably in person) will be conducted with CSC staff members. Offers will be contingent upon pre-employment screening including background and reference checks.
- Housing and Food provided through the Herring Intern House
- Small monthly stipend that helps cover personal expenses
- Funding for retreat and/or other formational experiences
You should expect to receive confirmation upon receipt of your completed application within 24 hours. While applications are accepted on a rolling basis, for the spring application cycle, applications are due by June 15. Offers will be extended no later than July 1.
Question? Email: Sean O’Rourke at email@example.com