Regina Catholic Education Center, in the university town of Iowa City, is in search of its first Head of School. The creation of this new position comes as a result of an in-depth growth and vitality study. This is an extraordinary opportunity to take a robust, established institution and bring it to the next level of excellence. The full position profile is available HERE.
The Head provides inspirational, confident, growth-minded leadership in order to carry out Regina’s mission and continually build on its strengths, particularly the PK-12 model. The Head of School is the academic and faith leader, working cooperatively with the Board of Education, the four supporting parishes, administration/faculty/staff, students and parents. Direct reports to the Head include the elementary principal, junior/senior high principal, business manager, admissions director and facility manager. The Head of School reports to the Board of Education.
Because this is a new position, the placed candidate will have the opportunity to build an administrative structure to ensure a consistent, mission-driven, data-informed rigorous Catholic education exists from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
The Head of School for Regina Catholic Education Center will be a:
- Practicing Catholic, strong in faith.
- Visionary educator adept in design thinking and able to envision an education model to advance students’ ability to learn, grow, work and serve in next generation settings.
- Mission-driven decision maker.
- Dynamic face of the school, representing Regina to all constituent groups, able to bring people together and empower them to action.
- Effective team builder who will engage with the existing faculty and staff while designing this new role for the betterment of the school in a collaborative yet decisive manner.
- Relational leader comfortable moving from the boardroom to the pre-K bunny room.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Master's in Educational Administration (or equivalent).
- Iowa Administrative Licensure (or equivalent).
- Experience at multiple grade levels.
- Ability to market the school for enrollment.
- Business and financial acumen, facility management experience.