Life Care Coordinator Part-Time with Benefits
This position assists in providing for the health and wellness of members of our religious community. The Life Care Coordinator works collaboratively with individual sisters, identified companions, and the Life Center Administrators to assess, plan, facilitate, and advocate for options and services to meet the needs of the Sister.
This position serves Sisters who generally reside in Sacramento, Auburn, and surrounding areas. Frequent travel across this area is expected. Infrequently, overnight travel may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Incorporates the values and mission of Sisters of Mercy in the carrying out of responsibilities.
- Provides assistance, support and resources to the Sister to ensure health and safety needs are met.
- Provides care and/or service coordination and management as appropriate.
- Assists and supports enrollment and coordination of government healthcare services, equipment, and other benefits.
- Available to respond quickly to emergencies.
- Schedules and conducts wellness profiles/assessments in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides education, resource linkages, and ongoing support to the Sister as appropriate.
- Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Interacts regularly and effectively with internal and external staff, caregivers, and service providers to ensure a coordinated approach to assisting a sister.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology or other related profession.
- Professional licensed in the State of California in the clinical area of nursing, social work, or psychology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with older adults.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability and willingness to travel by both plane and car when needed.
- Excellent computer skills.
Email resume to Teresa Morrow at email@example.com