The Franciscan Sisters of Allegany is a congregation of Catholic women religious and their Associates serving the poor and marginalized of Bolivia, Brazil, Jamaica, Mozambique and the United States for over 160 years.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Franciscan Center - Tampa (TFC) is a sponsored work of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany and a house of spirituality and hospitality for individuals and groups who are seeking a beautiful and serene place to for prayer, planning and peace. For over 50 years, TFC has served as a place of renewal, rest and peace. The retreat center serves groups/guests to assure all are welcome, the spirit is nurtured, and mind & body find peace. The Director is responsible for strategic and operational leadership using strong management skills to support the vitality of TFC.
1. Manages the overall administration of TFC, including staff, volunteers and facilities to form an interdependent and positive team.
2. Manages and maintains quality control of all aspects of TFC including guest services, food service, technology, ambiance, housekeeping, property maintenance and security.
4. In collaboration with TFC Board of Directors and the Allegany Franciscan Sisters leadership, provides sound financial management with transparency and accountability. Maintain a three-year budget plan for revenue, expenses, capital improvements.
6. Plans sponsored retreats and events. In collaboration with other organizations hosts enriching programs that are consistent with The Franciscan Center – Tampa’s mission and values.
7. Develops and oversees a consistent marketing plan to maintain current guests and to identify new audiences. The plan would include all public elements of the Center, such as the web site, publications, correspondence, listservs, advertisements, etc.
8. Develops opportunities that enables The Franciscan Center – Tampa to continue to be a resource to Catholic dioceses, particularly the Diocese of St. Petersburg, and other religious, including non-profit organizations, and educational groups in the region.
DIRECT REPORTS: Facilities, Housekeeping, Office Manager, Staff(s), and Franciscan Center volunteers.
INTERRELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates with Allegany Franciscan Sisters and Associates, direct reports, local community contacts, and others as required in fulfillment of job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish satisfactorily the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required and graduate degree preferred. Experience with faith based and/or non-profit organizations.
Must have 3- 5 years of full-time experience in managing the operations and maintenance of a retreat center or hospitality related business. Experience must include proven track record of fundraising, financial management, employee management/supervision with experience in building and leading a team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Understands, respects, and supports the mission of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany and their rootedness in the Catholic Church.
2. Demonstrates alignment and an ability to communicate Franciscan Sisters of Allegany’s Guiding Values and understands the ministry of spiritual development.
3. Understands and supports retreats and/or educational events.
4. Respects and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
5. Adapts to current needs and uses ethical professional judgment; especially when responding to urgent and/or stressful situations.
6. Possesses strong organizational and managerial skills; has demonstrated the ability to manage, coach, and evaluate staff members.
7. Demonstrates effective communication skills using correct verbal and written English.
8. Demonstrates experience in marketing, long-range planning, volunteer development, and financial reporting.
9. Is proficient in using word processing, spreadsheets, presentation programs and understands video conferencing /telecommunications platforms.
10. Understands Catholic Church structures to facilitate relationships with religious, priests, parishes, dioceses, and other Catholic organizations.
11. Is willing to work a flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend work.
12. Is able to travel to various locations for meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to climb stairs, walk a campus of about two acres, assist with furniture and other set-ups for groups as needed. This includes lifting (up to ten pounds), pushing, and bending. Ability to shut off water and gas systems and alarms in emergency situations.
The Franciscan Sisters of Allegany are committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Franciscan Sisters of Allegany and The Franciscan Center – Tampa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have a heart that understands, respects, and supports the mission of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany and their rootedness in the Catholic Church including their Guiding Values and their ministry of spiritual development, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.