A Vision of this Ministry
The Family Ministry Director is someone who fully understands and supports the mission and vision of the Parish and is able to share both while building relationships with families.
Primary Job Function
Create and support programs aimed at promoting a welcoming and nurturing environment in which our St. Mary families can experience community and develop spirituality which invites them into a deeper relationship with God and with one another, and into service in the world.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Organize and promote family ministry activities with a variety of programming that includes opportunities for spiritual formation, social interaction, and service.
• Oversee New Member meetings, registration and follow-up.
• Identify, recruit, and develop potential volunteer leaders for the various programs of Family Ministry.
• Collaborate with and assist Clergy, other Parish Directors and Committee Chairs when appropriate
• Participate in Staff, Christian Formation and Stewardship Committee meetings
• Responsible for developing recommendations for Family Ministry budget
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor.
Holds, or is working towards, a Bachelor’s degree in theology, social work, education or related field.
Previous Work History
1-3 years of experience
Minimum Experience/Training Required
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with an understanding of Parish life.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, various social media platforms, database entry and general office equipment.
• Experience working with multi-generational groups
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Interacts well with others
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
Some evening and weekend hours required.