Sisters of St. Joseph – Brentwood, N.Y.
Status: Full time, Non-exempt
Schedule: Flexible - 5 days a week flexible schedule (includes 1 weekend day)
The Pastoral Care Assistant will assist the Director in providing emotional and spiritual support for the individual Sisters and the Convent community. The Assistant will provide support to our Partners in Mission and work within a team to support the mission of the Congregation. The Assistant will assist with implementing all programming, policies, and procedures.
• Two units of CPE
• Chaplain experience as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Experience as a pastoral professional within a healthcare setting, preferably with a geriatric population
• Understand and commit to the charism and mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph
• Work collaboratively with staff to support each Sister’s well-being
• Visit Sisters regularly in the Convent for prayer and emotional support
• Assist the Department to ensure that each Sister’s birthday or feast day is celebrated.
• Assist in arranging for Eucharistic celebrations and reception of other Sacraments.
• Assist the Department in providing regular opportunities for communal prayer
• Assist as Sacristan for Sacred Heart Chapel
• Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Perform other duties as needed
The Sisters of Saint Joseph provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.