In this episode, host Brittany Wilmes talks to NCR Vatican correspondent Josh McElwee about Pope Francis' recent trip to Egypt. Later, Brittany is joined by GSR editor Gail DeGeorge and Sr. Michele Morek to discuss Global Sisters Report's upcoming feature "The Life."
- The pope spoke April 28 at Al-Azhar, a mosque that is considered the highest theological institution in Sunni Islam.
- Francis' trip to Egypt was marked Friday, April 28, by a significant step forward in ecumenical relations.
- In a press conference aboard the papal flight from Egypt, Francis told the United States and North Korea to deescalate their nuclear tensions.
- The pope spread wisdom in Egypt, writes Michael Sean Winters.
- Global Sisters Report is launching a new monthly panel called "The Life."
We're on iTunes! Listen and subscribe from your iPhone or iPad now.
You can click the link above or, from your iPhone or iPad, open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you’re on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone.
If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.) You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.