Thank you. To all who gave to the 2017 webathon, thank you very much. This is the eighth webathon that I have been a part of at NCR, and every time I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude for the support we received.
This year, we didn’t meet our goal of 2,000 individual donors during this one week -- that was an ambitious goal, we’ve never had that many individual donors in a one week period -- but monetarily, we matched past years' performances.
For that I am most grateful.
As the bar at the top of the home page indicates, we had just over 1,000 donors last week. That is an awesome response in this early summer season. And for that too I am grateful.
If you’ve been following these blogs during the last week, you’ve read a series of testimonials by NCR staff and contributors trying to lay out a case for you to donate. Those who did make donations were asked to leave a comment or give a reason for their donation. Here’s a sampling from just a few of the comments we received:
This week, we celebrate the first anniversary of the launch of our podcast, NCR in Conversation. Catch the latest episode here.
- Truth needs to be shared and injustice needs to be challenged. NCR inspires me to take action. Big thanks!
- Someone asked me last weekend how I managed to persevere in the church. I told them NCR.
- I just count on NCR to share intelligent, reliable information and set aside magic, myth, legend, and superstition in our journey to understand the mystery of God and our link within that great reality.
- I just generally appreciate your thoughtful, principled, objective coverage and columns.
- NCR is my daily grounding in a sea of misinformation and untruths. Also like the reviews of books, movies and other media.
- I love Sr. Joan Chittister's "From Where I Stand Column," but there are SO many other articles that are have been so valuable that I want to see this type of reporting continue for Catholics worldwide.
Those are your words, not ours. So like every year as the webathon ends, I am overwhelmed with deep gratitude. Thank you.
PS: We know that many regular readers were on vacation or at least outside their regular routine during the webathon week, so we’ve decided to keep the webathon donation page open for a while longer. If you missed a chance to join the campaign during the official webathon week, you still can be a part. And again, I say thank you for your support.
Just $5 a month supports NCR's independent Catholic journalism.
We are committed to keeping our online journalism open and available to as many readers as possible. To do that, we need your help. Join NCR Forward, our new membership program.
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.