June 8, 2018
National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is an independent source of Catholic news. We publish a biweekly newspaper, founded in 1964; online news site, NCRonline.org; Celebration Publications, a monthly parish planning resource; and Global Sisters Report, an online news site with reporting and columns by and about Catholic sisters.
We are seeking a Part-time Marketing Coordinator to specialize in promoting Global Sisters Report content and products. The ideal candidate will be a creative, highly organized critical thinker who can work both independently and collaboratively to grow Global Sisters Report readership, amplify the impact of its content and support strategic initiatives.
- Develop marketing plans to promote Global Sisters Report content and products.
- Plan, implement and track Global Sisters Report marketing deliverables, including emails, web site updates, advertising, social media advertising, PR and direct mail.
- Identify new audiences and opportunities to help Global Sisters Report grow.
- Monitor website data to assess effectiveness of campaigns and identify room for growth.
- Manage the Global Sisters Report marketing budget.
- Coordinate exhibits and logistics for Global Sisters Report and National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company events.
- Connect with Global Sisters Report readers, reporters, contributors, educators and other stakeholders and present the brand and mission in meaningful ways.
- Support the marketing department with additional projects, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least three years’ work experience in marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Exceptional organizational skills, eye for detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to write and proofread effective promotional copy and able to create highly professional promotional materials which consistently reflect the Global Sisters Report brand.
- Strong graphic design skills for web and print. Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Enthusiasm for digital marketing and news technology and a commitment to stay up to date on trends and tools.
- Proficiency with email marketing programs, Google analytics, web content management systems and all social media channels.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith, audience, and issues affecting modern Catholics. Knowledge of Catholic sisters and religious life is a plus, but not required.
- Appreciation for the mission of both Global Sisters Report and National Catholic Reporter.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Audience Engagement and will work closely with Global Sisters Report editors and reporters.
This is a part-time position (22 hours per week) with opportunities to be creative and engage in meaningful work with a committed team. We offer a flexible work schedule and a pleasant, mission-driven work environment in midtown, Kansas City, MO.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled.