The multimedia specialist will be responsible for creating and producing multimedia content for the online presences of National Catholic Reporter and EarthBeat. The multimedia content includes short and long form video, podcasts, and some graphic elements. The multimedia specialist works with the publications’ reporters and reports to the digital media editor. This is a full time, remote position.
- Collaborate with NCR editors and reporters to create, edit and produce short and long form videos, including TikToks, Instagram Reels, and YouTube mini documentaries.
- Produce and edit audio material for podcasts, including episodes and promotional materials.
- Equip reporters with the technology required for quality video and audio content.
- Train reporters, editors, and freelancers in capturing audio and video content.
- Create graphics for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Write social media posts and captions when called upon.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy, accountability and integrity.
- Experience with video editing and required software.
- Experience with producing podcasts and audio production.
- Experience with YouTube, Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, or other related software.
- Experience managing social media accounts for media outlets.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working both independently and as part of multiple departments.
- Journalistic experience is a plus.
- An appreciation for the National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company's mission. Working knowledge of the Catholic Church, especially familiarity with the critical role of Latino Catholics and culture in the church, is a plus.
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred but not required.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, often driven by the news in a global environment.
Compensation and benefits:
This remote position will be full-time. Salary is commensurate with experience and other relevant factors. NCR offers the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Health Insurance plan options (90% employer paid premium)
- Dental and Vision plan coverage (90% / 75% employer paid premium)
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Group Annuity Program (403B) with company match
- Supplemental Insurance option (Aflac)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Generous paid vacation (up to 20 days per year)/sick/personal time, plus 11 paid holidays
- Flexibility for work/life integration; summer hours (between Memorial and Labor Days)
Interested parties should submit a cover letter explaining their interest and describing their qualifications. Please include a resume with career history and three multimedia samples. Samples can include filmed and edited videos, recorded reels, or links to produced podcasts/audio.
All nominations, applications and inquiries should be directed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8, 2023.
All communications will be treated confidentially. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and subsequent steps in the hiring process will take place following the application deadline.
National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for its employees. Reasonable accommodations or exemption will be considered for medical-related or sincerely held religious objections.
The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is a non-profit, independent, lay-led news organization that reports on the Catholic Church and wider moral issues facing the human family. It publishes the National Catholic Reporter bi-monthly in print and daily at NCRonline.org. It also publishes Global Sisters Report and EarthBeat online. These publications are committed to shaping a world that recognizes the sacredness and dignity of every human being, regardless of religious belief, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation. Throughout our history, NCR has been a voice for the voiceless, disadvantaged and marginalized. It has held authority, secular or religious, accountable.