The Copy Desk Daily highlights recommended news and opinion articles that have crossed the copy editors' desks on their way to you: National Catholic Reporter, Global Sisters Report and EarthBeat (NCR's project on faith and climate change).
- New! A three-part audio series launches today, from our NCR Bertelsen intern Jesse Remedios: Listen to episode 1 of "Trials of Nonviolence," about the Kings Bay Plowshares 7
- Political protests have given way to gang violence and soaring prices, closing schools and blocking sisters' work for months: Read "Haiti's civil unrest reaches chaotic, disruptive point"
- NCR columnist Michael Sean Winters says that a new book on U.S. religious freedom starts with the Founders but forgets seeds of secularism: Read Part 1 of a review of Steven Waldman's Sacred Liberty
- In case you missed it: The first week of daily Advent meditations using the words of Laudato Si'
- The pope's appointment of women as full members of the Vatican office for religious orders includes Sr. Kathleen Appler, of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. The Daughters continue a legacy of pioneering leadership started by co-founder St. Louise de Marillac: Read more about her
Want to keep updated with the latest news from the National Catholic Reporter? Sign up here for news updates by email — including one that will send you Copy Desk Daily every Monday through Friday.