NCR joins today some 300 newspapers and media outlets across the United States publishing editorials about the Trump administration's assault on the media. A journalism of peace: the media's indispensable social function
Reactions as folks sort through the Pennsylvania grand jury report:
- Bishops accused of brushing off sexual abuse complaints
- From Boston: 'It's the Same Blueprint': Locals React to Scathing Grand Jury Report on Pennsylvania's 'Predator Priests'
- The Vatican is blasted for 'disturbing' silence over explosive grand jury report
Meanwhile in Great Falls, Montana -- Judge approves $20M settlement between diocese and sexual abuse victims
This story, posted to our website yesterday, caused a couple angry calls to our office. (They called NCR a socialist publication!) Faith community must embrace single-payer health system
NCR is seeking an Executive Editor to oversee the editorial process and content of all products. Learn more
Women religious exist to seek justice as the light of Christ in a world of darkness, Sr. Anita Baird told those gathered for the Leadership Conference of Women Religious' annual assembly Aug. 10 as she received their 2018 Outstanding Leadership Award. Sr. Anita Baird oversaw changes in church structures that reinforced racism
Judith Best, a School Sister of Notre Dame, offered this reflection on yesterday's Feast of the Assumption: Mary's role in dismantling racism
ICYMI: Nebraska bishops invited "Catholic faithful and all people of faith" to to pause in their homes, schools and workplaces at 10 a.m. Aug. 14 to join Nebraska’s three Catholic bishops in prayer during the execution of convicted murderer Cary Dean Moore.
Dublin, Ireland -- Outspoken Catholic women absent from 'Voices of impact' forum. Tomorrow you can read NCR contributor Sarah Mac Donald's curtainer-raiser on the World meeting of famlies.
Indianapolis -- Catholic high school suspends counselor. She is in a same-sex marriage.
- 'My faith hasn’t been shaken,' says Roncalli school counselor whose job is on the line
- Roncalli High School shuts down Facebook page after counselor controversy
- And readers react: Letters: Roncalli guidance counselor circumvents rules
Reader Recommended: Arthur McCaffrey, a retired Harvard University psychologist who writes frequently about child abuse, remembers SNAP founder Barbara Blaine. A Public Voice for Private Grief
- Start your day inspired with daily Scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
- Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.