This Advent season, NCR is joining with our sister publications, Celebration and Global Sisters Report to share Advent resources. Whether you are looking for Scripture study, some meditative reflections or an inspiring read, check out Our Celebration of Advent page.
Today is The Feast of the Immaculate Conception. What does it mean?
NCR is seeking an Executive Editor to oversee the editorial process and content of all products. Learn more
Is today the day we get tax reform?
- These education tax breaks are at risk
- GOP tax reform: Students chant "kill the bill"
- Tax Reform Hurts Hospital Financing, Patients Will Bear The Cost on Page 288, Subtitle G, Section 3601, starting on Line 13 to be exact — a provision eliminating the ability of local community hospitals to borrow money at favorable tax-exempt rates.
- Apple to Save an Astounding $47 Billion Under Tax Reform
- The GOP tax bill could add billions to Amazon, Facebook and Google’s bottom lines
- Network, the Catholic social justice lobby , collects nearly 1,000 letters urging Paul Ryan for 'moral' budget
- NCR editorial: Fight the tax plan and the coming budget cuts
Then there's that election in Alabama:
- Does Roy Moore believe: Last Time America Was 'Great' Was During 'Slavery'
- Kurt Bardella, a former spokesperson for Reps. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), and Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), says: Roy Moore is the last straw, you can now call me a Democrat
- Tom Reese says: Father Roy Moore would be suspended "I never thought that anyone could be more stupid than the U.S. Catholic bishops in dealing with sexual abuse of minors, but the Republican Party has done it."
And in related news:
- Congress reels as two lawmakers resign Thursday over sexual misconduct
- Who in Congress has been accused of sexual harassment? That's 'strictly confidential'
What to make of this: Trump had for months been determined to move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem The decision to shake off warnings from senior officials such as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and align himself instead with prominent proponents of the move, including Vice President Pence and major donor Sheldon Adelson, underscored the president’s determination to break with past policy and keep a key campaign pledge — despite the potential risks to U.S. interests in the region and the goal of Middle East peace.
Dec. 10, International Human Rights Day: Wall honors sisters among modern heroes who helped restore justice in Philippines
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.