Francis meets with Myanmar's political, religious leaders.
- Naypyidaw, Myanmar -- Francis avoids word 'Rohingya' but asks Myanmar's leaders to respect all ethnic groups
- Some background on Myanmar: Cardinal Bo speaks with NCR -- Myanmar's first cardinal: Democracy and religious freedom are advancing
- From earlier this year: Church officials upset that Myanmar won't allow U.N. fact-finders
- Pope Francis is visiting Myanmar Nov. 27-30 and Bangladesh Nov. 30-Dec. 2. Read all NCR coverage of the trip here.
This is the second time the Pope is visiting the neighbourhood without coming to India. Why has he not included India in his itinerary? In neighbourhood, Pope misses India again
Tucson, Arizona -- It’s the end of an era following the retirement of Bishop Gerald Kicanas. Bishop Kicanas reflects on time in Southern Arizona Video and text.
Marian Williams writes about Simultaneous adulthood a new revelation in my family dynamic
Thirty years after his death, this Arkansas priest continues to inspire: The prophet of Arkansas: Father Joseph Biltz “He was working beyond just the walls of the parishes. He embodied the things back then that Pope Francis talks about today.”
Our liturgy celebrates important moments in Jesus’ early life. But when meditating on Jesus prior to his ministry, how often do we consider his livelihood? Jesus was a Maker
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.
In the first three weeks of the abbreviated open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act, pace of sign-ups slows, but number of new enrollees creep up.
More enrollment news: Caveat Emptor Marketplace Confusion Opens Door To Questions About Skinny Plans
The church around the world:
- New Delhi, India -- Indian church guidelines tackle workplace sexual abuse
- Harare, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe's bishops urge new government to embrace diversity
- Derry, Northern Ireland -- Today's murals reflect growing diversity in Northern Ireland
- The struggles and joy of a new mission site: I was on mission in Jordan for about four months. On Sept. 5, I took a bus to the Salesian Sisters' house in Nazareth, my next mission site. by Natalia Liviero
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.