NCR recently profiled Dolores Mission Parish, a tiny Jesuit parish in Los Angeles known for its big heart and vibrant ministries.
On the show today:
- Dan Morris-Young, Field Hospital correspondent based in western Washington.
Background reading (and listening):
- Small parish, giant heart: Dolores Mission has 30 years' field experience
- Dolores Mission parishioner Fabiola struggles with the uncertainty of her DACA status.
- Fr. Greg Boyle's "Tattoos on the Heart" finds the holy in the comic and the ordinary at Dolores Mission.
- NCR's Field Hospital series looks at parish life across the country.
- The calling of delight: Greg Boyle talks to Krista Tippett about Dolores Mission and Homeboy Industries.
Visit EarthBeat, NCR's new reporting project that explores the ways Catholics and other faith groups are taking action on the climate crisis.
How do I listen?
We can let you know when new podcast episodes are published. Sign up for emails here.
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you're reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can always find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.