In this Facebook Live conversation, NCR opinion editor Olga Segura interviews national correspondent Christopher White and Global Sisters Report staff writer Soli Salgado about the Catholic vote in 2020. This conversation lasts about 20 minutes.
Here's some recommended reading based on this conversation:
- Christopher profiled four Catholic groups working to re-elect President Donald Trump and four Catholic groups working against Donald Trump's re-election.
- Also by Christopher White, an NCR exclusive: Campaign names three dozen 'Catholics for Biden' co-chairs
- Texas Bishop Joseph Strickland endorsed a video by a Wisconsin priest who says that faithful Catholics can't vote for Democratic candidates.
- Meanwhile, Newark Cardinal Joseph Tobin says that a "person in good conscience" can vote for Joe Biden.
- For Global Sisters Report, Soli Salgado has reported on a webinar offered by Network Lobby for Catholic Social Justice that equipped viewers with skills for talking about political differences.
- Salgado also reports on a 2020 voting guide produced by 11 justice-and-peace promotors in congregations of women religious.