In this episode, NCR Bertelsen intern James Dearie makes his podcast debut to talk about the winner of the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize. Later, NCR correspondents Josh McElwee and Heidi Schlumpf talk about what they're reporting on and who they're watching in the U.S. and abroad.
- The 2017 Nobel Peace Prize will be awarded to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.
- The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons has been signed by 53 countries and ratified by three, including the Vatican.
- Joshua McElwee reported last week from a conference on Amoris Laetitia at Boston College, co-hosted by theologian Jesuit Fr. James Keenan and Chicago Cardinal Blase Cupich.
- Conference co-host Cardinal Cupich says Pope Francis is asking the Catholic Church to see families as a "privileged place" where God is alive and at work in the world.
- Pope Francis will visit Bangladesh and Myanmar in late November, the Vatican confirms.
- The Catholic Church has a model for how to do dialogue well in Pope Francis, says Cardinal Cupich.
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.
Enter your email address to receive free newsletters from NCR.