This week, NCR contributor Jonathan Luxmoore breaks down Cardinal Pietro Parolin’s visit to Russia. Later, NCR columnist Michael Sean Winters explains what to look for as Congress resumes session on Tuesday and Global Sisters Report national correspondent Dan Stockman shares updates from sisters in the Houston area and talks about how they’re reaching out to those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Russian Catholics were skeptical about Cardinal Parolin's visit, writes Jonathan Luxmoore.
- Michael Sean Winters says that Christians (and Congress) need to stand up to President Trump.
- Catholic sisters are urging their fellow religious to write letters to Paul Ryan in support of those in poverty.
- Sr. Erica Jordan pressed Paul Ryan on Catholic social teaching at a CNN town hall last week.
- Women religious are mobilizing to help victims of Hurricane Harvey, as Dan Stockman reports.
How do I listen?
From your iPhone or iPad: Open the preloaded app called "Podcasts." It has a purple icon. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link, which will take you straight there. (You can also use the magnifying glass icon to search; type "NCR in Conversation.") Once you're on the series page, you can tap on an episode title to play it. Tap on the "subscribe" button to have new episodes sent to your phone. If you prefer another podcast player, you can find "NCR in Conversation" there. (Here’s the RSS feed.)
From your Android phone or tablet: You can listen and subscribe using the preloaded Google Play app. If you’re reading this from your phone, tap this link to play the latest episode and learn more about the app.
From your desktop or laptop: You can also simply press the play button above to listen on this page. Make sure to keep this window open on your browser, or the audio will stop. You can find the latest episode of NCR in Conversation at NCRonline.org/podcast.
Enter your email address to receive free newsletters from NCR.