National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company is an independent source of Catholic news. We publish a biweekly newspaper, founded in 1964; online news site, NCRonline.org; Celebration Publications, a monthly parish planning resource; and Global Sisters Report, an online news site with reporting and columns by and about Catholic sisters.
We are seeking a part-time data entry specialist with a customer service background. We are looking for someone with excellent data entry skills and the ability to type with speed and accuracy. This position also requires good organizational skills and the ability to operate independently.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- A minimum 2 years prior experience in a data entry, administrative or clerical role.
- Basic accounting knowledge/experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience with MS Word mail merge preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 95% and above accuracy in data entry skills.
- Previous telephone customer service skills and experience a plus.
- Point Entry: Daily entry of orders into circulation system.
- Balancing daily entry to accounting deposits.
- Maintaining customer accounts: address changes, order adjustments, etc.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
This is a part-time position (22 hours per week). The schedule will be determined by the candidate and management, to be worked between the hours of 8:30 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
The position includes paid vacation and holiday leave, and a pleasant, mission-driven work environment in midtown, Kansas City, MO. We have a relaxed work atmosphere.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The position will be open until filled, though applications received prior to July 24 will receive first priority.