Here's a rundown of the most-read stories on NCRonline.org for the month of August. The list is compiled with the help of Google Analytics. Miss any of these stories? Now's the time to get caught up.
5. "Archbishop Chaput's right-wing funk " by Charles J. Reid Jr., published Aug. 17. In this opinion piece, Reid takes Philadelphia Archbishop Charles Chaput to task for his comments about Pope Francis and the need to take care of traditional Catholics. (The piece was also accompanied by an excellent cartoon from Celebration editor Pat Marrin.)
4. "Pope Francis' ecclesiology rooted in the Emmaus story " by Jesuit Fr. Thomas Reese, published Aug. 6. In this analysis, Reese looked at where Francis wants to lead the church and what he wants the bishops to do.
3. "Pope Francis is unsettling -- and dividing -- the Catholic right " by David Gibson of Religion News Service, published Aug. 8. Gibson analyzed how more traditional Catholics see Pope Francis' papacy in this rather controversial piece.
2. "The one word to describe Pope Francis' papacy to date " by John L. Allen Jr., published Aug. 2. In his All Things Catholic column for that week, Allen concluded that the one word Pope Francis has focused on more than any other was "mercy."
1. "A revolution underway with Pope Francis " by John L. Allen Jr., published Aug. 5. Allen looked at the first few months of Pope Francis' papacy and how things are changing.