Applebee's not liable for N.J. man burned while praying over fajita skillet

A New Jersey man cannot collect damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at Applebee's, a state appeals panel ruled Wednesday.

In March 2010, Hiram Jimenez visited the restaurant with his brother, Rafael, and ordered a steak fajita, which was brought to him in a sizzling skillet, according to court records. The waitress allegedly did not warn him the dish was hot.