Welcome to our online letters to the editor column. It's based on the old-fashioned letters to the editor format but you don't need a stamp: Send your thoughts and ideas, reactions and responses to email@example.com. The editor will collect them, curate them, and post a collection to the NCR Today blog.
Just like the old-fashioned letters to the editor, the editor will not be posting everything sent to submitted, and submissions will have to conform to the rules, but our pledge is to do our best to represent the full range of letters received. Here are the rules:
- Letters to the editor should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters to the editor should be limited to 250 words.
- First consideration is given to letters written in response to an article that has appeared on NCRonline.org.
- Letters must include your name, street address, city, state and zip code. — We will publish your name and city, state, but not your full address.
- Please include a daytime telephone number where we can reach you. — We will not publish your phone number. It may be used for verification.
- We can't guarantee publication of all letters, but you can be assured that your comments will receive careful consideration.
- Published letters may be edited for length and style.
These are the same rules that have guided the letters to the editor column in our print edition since 1964, so I hope they work here, too.