Thursday, August 26, 2021
6:30 p.m. CST
The Center for Religion and Environment at the University of the South is resuming its monthly webinar series on Thursday, Aug. 26 at 6:30 p.m. Central time. During this webinar, Rev. Jerry Cappel will lead a conversation on how faith communities might better align their faith and practice with the call to care for all creation. The areas of deepening to be explored will be:
- The Vision of the Kingdom (claiming a greener hope)
- The Word of Proclamation (proclaiming a greener gospel)
- The Dance of Liturgy (celebrating in greener worship)
- Attunement in Prayer (practicing a greener spirituality)
- The Life of Community (living a greener kinship)
- The Call for Justice (advocating a greener righteousness)
The Rev. Jerry Cappel is an ordained Episcopal priest currently serving at St. James Episcopal Church in Shelbyville, Kentucky. He also serves as the Environmental Network Coordinator for Province IV of The Episcopal Church, as Staff chair for the Center for Religion and the Environment at the University of the South, and as a fellow with GreenFaith.
Rev. Cappel has a Ph.D. in religious education and has worked as an author and editor of youth and adult education materials for Smyth & Helwys Publishing in Macon, GA and Church Publishing in New York.
Although participation is free, registration is required. Donations to support the work are welcome (visit https://www.givecampus.com/campaigns/13866/donations/new). Login information will be sent to registrants a few days before the event.
Event Location:Virtual Event
Organization:Center for Religion and Environment, University of the South