The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company seeks experienced executive to lead its print and Internet-based publishing operations. The President/Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for all NCR operations, which includes print publication, NCRonline.org, and Celebration. The President/CEO will report to the Board of Directors and must live in the Kansas City metropolitan area in order to work at NCR headquarters.
President/CEO must embrace NCR values based on the Gospels, church social teachings, and Vatican II documents. Should possess the following
- Commitment to excellence in journalism
- Imagination in building journalism products in the digital age
- Ability to provide public face and lead fundraising efforts
- Record of executive management and leadership skills
- Ability in public outreach, including building of Internet-based relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively
- managing the organization in an open manner
- moving products forward in changing communications age
- fundraising efforts
- growing the subscriber bases (print and digital)
- Fostering a spirit of shared responsibility and consultative decision-making
- the publisher, editor and senior managers
- accountability to the Board of Directors
- Maintenance of fiscal integrity of the enterprise
NCR is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications to:
Helen Garvey, BVM; Search Committee
National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company
All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is October 25, 2013.