Visitation Catholic School
Applications are currently being accepted for a faith-filled, dynamic, and innovative educator to serve as the principal of Visitation Catholic School beginning on July 1, 2023, following the retirement of the current principal. A successful candidate must be a devout and practicing Catholic who upholds the teachings of the faith and who exemplifies an unwavering commitment to Catholic education that is firmly rooted in Gospel values.
With 480 students enrolled for next year and waiting lists in many grades, Visitation is a vibrant Catholic community that enjoys tremendous support from faculty, staff, parents, the pastor and parochial vicar and has outstanding resources for faculty and students to ensure a thriving environment. Impressive academic outcomes; weekly Mass; impactful athletics, arts and activities; hard working and dedicated staff; and exceptional curriculum and technology contribute to a remarkable experience that dwells in an atmosphere of profound love, kindness and respect.
Visitation Catholic School is located in Elmhurst, a near western suburb of Chicago, with beautiful residential areas and extensive options for dining, entertainment, natural resources, shopping and more.
Learn more about Visitation Catholic School at www.visitationelmhurst.org.
Visitation has engaged Catholic School Management, a division of Christian Brothers Services, to facilitate this search. Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following electronically:
• Letter of introduction
• Five professional references (names, email addresses, and telephone numbers)
• A written essay of no more than 500 words answering the question: Given the shrinking pool of teachers, what is most important in managing relationships with existing faculty and attracting new teachers when openings arise?
Send application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets are reviewed immediately upon receipt; candidates will be notified before any references are contacted.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2023. Visitation Catholic School reserves the right to hire prior to the deadline date should an ideal candidate apply.
The principal must be an innovative and visionary educational leader with demonstrated expertise in pedagogy, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within a pre-kindergarten through grade eight learning environment. He or she must understand the critical role of school effectiveness standards that are defined within the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (NCEA, 2020). Informed by the Defining Characteristics of Catholic Schools outlined within this document, the principal is expected to
• actively engage his or her school in the evangelizing mission of the Church,
• create a school culture that is steeped in a Catholic Worldview, centered in the person of Jesus Christ, and sustained by Gospel witness,
• form a vibrant Catholic learning and faith community that is distinguished by excellence,
• work to ensure that Catholic education is accessible to all students,
• exemplify a commitment to educating the whole child,
• continuously improve his or her school by implementing innovative leadership practices specific to the following domains:
o Mission and Catholic Identity
o Governance and Leadership
o Academic Excellence
o Operational Vitality
CANDIDATE CRITERIA – ACADEMIC PREPARATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND FAITH FORMATION
The successful candidate must possess an advanced degree in educational leadership; hold a current Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with either a General Administrative or a Principal Endorsement; and have to his or her credit at least five years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience, preferably in a Catholic school.
Most importantly, the principal is expected to continue to grow in his or her faith, to adhere to all principles and tenets of Catholicism, and to maintain a lifestyle that is in full accord with Church teachings. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.