Thanks for your interest in job openings at the National Catholic Reporter Publishing Company.
Bertelsen Editorial Internship Program
Accepting applications now for the Winter 2017 program, a semester-long paid internship position designed to provide recent college graduates with firsthand newspaper experience. Applications will close September 2, 2016.
Catholic sisters are in ministry and advocacy positions in places as diverse as medical clinics in Kenya and the streets of New York. Helping these sisters tell their stories is at the core of Global Sisters Report, a journalism project of National Catholic Reporter Publishing Co. and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
We're looking for a Catholic Sister living in the United States with a deep understanding and appreciation for the scope and complexity of the religious life in the U.S. and globally who can share that knowledge with a global team of reporters and writers. This is an ideal position for a Catholic Sister with a strong background in writing and/or editing.
Responsibilities of the U.S. Liaison include:
- Helping to identify and communicate news, issues and trends involving Catholic sisters in the U.S. and abroad, and serving as a resource person for reporters and other staff about religious life.
- Assisting reporters and other editors with story idea development and planning, and helping to identify women religious as contacts.
- Engaging in outreach to women religious and other organizations, primarily in the U.S., by attending conferences, staffing NCR/GSR exhibit booths and meeting with key people to acquaint them with GSR and seek their input.
- Coordinating and editing columns written by women religious and associates in the U.S. and internationally and recruiting new columnists.
- Position is preferably based at GSR's offices in Kansas City, Mo.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and four to six samples of your writing/editing work by Sept. 23, 2016, to email@example.com