Here are the must read stories on NCR today:
- Vatican: No 'objective reasons' to preclude appointment of Chilean bishop
- Faith leaders call for an end to 'harsh policy' of detaining immigrant families
- Vatican to host 1,200 religious formation directors at conference
- Column from Robert Mickens: Preacher and pope compelled by the spirit
- The beauty and eccentricity of Piero, a neglected Renaissance artist
At Global Sisters Report, check out these stories:
- High school girls learn at U.N. that sisterhood is global
- Glossing over sexual assault disparity
- Column from Ilia Delio: Lessons from nature
National headlines from around the web:
- Indiana governor: Lawmakers to clarify 'anti-gay' law
- Arkansas follows Indiana into religious freedom fight
- Column: Indiana needs to balance gay, religious rights
- Bishop Ward, a Catholic high school in Kansas City, Kan., thrives
- Which TV priest should take your confession?
- What's your Holy Week personality type?
International news from around the Web:
- Scottish bishop urges Catholics to maintain hope despite dramatic parish closings
- Muslim family carves chair for Pope Francis' Bosnia visit
- Mass exorcism of schoolkids leaves many in hysterics as Polish priest attempts to 'banish the devil'
- Brazilian priest suspended for posting nude photos on social media
- French church opens bar to reach masses
- Rogue Brazilian bishops plan to grow schismatic challenge to Rome
Looking for a little inspiration to begin your day? NCR's sister publication, Celebration, gives you two options, both based on the Scripture readings of the day:
Pencil Preaching is a blog in which Celebration editor Pat Marrin combines Scripture and sketching to reflect on the Word.
Daily Bread is a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings. Daily Bread is intended to help daily preachers and others who pray from the assigned Scriptures each day to orient themselves to the Living Word addressed to the church in the world. It's a great way to begin the day.