NCR Today: The archdiocese said the list includes clergy and religious who "have allegations that are either admitted, established or determined to be credible."
Last week Newsweek published a cover story from veteran Philadelphia journalist Ralph Cipriano that dives even deeper into the credibility of an alleged victim of clergy sexual abuse that resulted in landing three priests and one teacher in prison.
St. John’s Abbey, one of the largest U.S. Benedictine monasteries, released documents related to 18 priests it said “likely offended” sexually against minors dating back to the 1960s.
The former head of the St. Paul-Minneapolis archdiocese, who was expected to serve at St. Philip Roman Catholic Church for six months, cited in his decision the "unintended discord" his presence caused.
Irish clerical abuse survivor Marie Collins, a member of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors, spoke to NCR and called Vatican bureaucracy "very difficult."
The advocacy group's petition alleges that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops hasn't honored its zero tolerance policy toward abusive priests and deacons.
Updated: The former heads of the St. Paul-Minneapolis and Kansas City-St. Joseph, Mo., dioceses each resigned amid clergy sex abuse scandals.
An independent lawyer reported that 231 members of the famous German "Regensburger Domspatzen" boys choir were abused between 1953 and 1992, three times the diocese's official reported number.
Philadelphia District Attorney R. Seth Williams said, "We will fight to keep Msgr. Lynn in state custody, where he belongs."
Reaching an agreement with the abuse claimants is a major step toward achieving a consensual plan of reorganization for the diocese, which filed its Chapter 11 petition on Nov. 12, 2013.