As Pope Francis said in the Laudato Si' encyclical, "the ecological crisis is a summons to profound interior conversion... an 'ecological conversion'" (LS 217).
The goal of the Laudato Si' Retreat is to help participants embark in this journey of "ecological conversion," to transform the way we relate to our Creator, all of Creation and our most vulnerable brothers and sisters.
This is a four-hour retreat where we will experience three moments inspired by the encyclical. We will attentively "hear creation’s song," contemplating the glorious mystery of the world around us. Next, we will concernedly "hear Creation's cry," becoming painfully aware of the ecological crisis.We will then "answer Creation's call" and prepare for transformative action to care for our common home by starting a community discernment process in the light of Laudato Si.
The retreat will include reflections on the encyclical, guided meditation, interactive exercises, time for personal reflection and journaling, and small group reflection.
- Tomás Insua, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Global Catholic Climate Movement
- Christina Leaño, Associate Director of Global Catholic Climate Movement
- Angelica Gonzalez, Program Manager North America, GCCM.
- Br. Benedict Ayodi, Program Manager Africa, GCCM.
- Jonathon Braden, Communications Team, GCCM.
If you have questions, please email Ana Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org