The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Co. (NCR) is seeking a degreed, self-motivated, detail-orientated individual with at least two years related experience to join our team as a full-time Staff Accountant. Full range G/L and bookkeeping skills are essential.
Job Purpose: To coordinate and perform various accounting duties including all functions associated with closing month end accounting records, all facets of general ledger accounting, review and preparing financial statements and associated account analysis and special projects as assigned.
- Prepare Monthly Financial Reports and reconcile GL accounts.
- Review company credit card usage and coding.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Monitor credit card deposits and reconcile with the fulfillment and fundraising departments.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Process Miscellaneous Cash Receipts.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years related experience.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- PC proficiency using spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills internally as well as externally.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines.
- 10 key by touch.
NCR offers competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; Long Term Disability, Group Annuity Program (403B), Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Benefits
- Generous Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick/Personal Time
- A professional, but casual and welcoming work environment
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Staff Accountant in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Application deadline is Friday, June 29, 2018.