The National Catholic Reporter is seeking an experienced Managing Editor to help develop and run a groundbreaking new website devoted to telling the stories of Catholic sisters around the world.
Responsibilities include assigning and editing stories, recruiting and managing global correspondents, working with a website developer to create a dynamic and accessible platform for this initiative, and collaborating with women religious from around the world to help them to tell their own stories in compelling prose, photos and videos. Two staff members would report to the managing editor.
- bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- minimum of five years' editing experience; supervisory experience preferred
- demonstrated ability to work with and direct other writers
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of platforms to tell a story
- dedication to applying NCR’s mission and values to news judgment and presentation
- resident of or ability to relocate to the Kansas City area
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Managing Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.