The parish roundup from our Field Hospital series: Expanding services to migrants in Texas; Mobile Loaves and Fishes
What's the Field Hospital series, you ask? Take a look here.
Q & A with Chinese Sr. Ma Suling: A religious congregation reborn, the story of the Sisters of St. Therese of the Little Flower.
Sr. Joyce Meyer writes, "One thing I love about my work at Global Sisters Report is meeting sisters who live and minister on the margins. This struck me forcefully on a recent visit to Fiji.
You might have missed this yesterday: NPR Tweeted Declaration Of Independence, And Trump Supporters Flipped Out
President Trump is making his second trip to Europe for the G-20 meeting this week.
- Trump Wants a Do-Over in Europe But the president's upcoming trip offers ample opportunity for fresh trouble.
- He'll meet Russian President Putin for the first time as president: What Russia hopes to gain from this week’s Putin-Trump meeting
Meanwhile, back home:
- Pressure on McConnell to deliver ObamaCare repeal
- At parades and protests, GOP lawmakers get earful about health care
- Republican lawmakers have their own version of the facts about the impact of their replacement for the Affordable Care Act. Five Misleading Republican Claims About Health Care
A number of significant policy changes enacted by the Trump administration fall out of line with the views held by the majority of Americans, according to multiple recent polls. (Video ad and news at top of this story)
Have you been reading about this? Schools rethink meal-debt policies that humiliate kids — Public school districts across the United States rethink how they cope with unpaid student lunch debts.
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.