The big news over the weekend was: Vatican insists it didn't torpedo Irish response to abuse crisis Now come the reactions:
- War of words between Vatican and Irish government continues, Ireland may close its Vatican embassy hints Foreign Minster Gilmore
- Vatican missed the point on abuse anger, says Gilmore
- The Taoiseach got it right but the Vatican gets it wrong once again
- Rapprochement with Vatican still possible
- Children must be focus, not retribution
The state fair booth of Minnesota for Marriage, the coalition of mostly Christian conservative groups supporting a proposed gay marriage ban, was glitter bombed from the air over the Labor Day weekend.