Here are the must read stories on NCRonline today:
- Don't miss the second of a five-part series on Most Holy Redeemer Church in San Francisco. Today's piece: Though welcoming, exclusive parish can be a tough sell to LGBT community
- Milwaukee: Where'd cemetery money go? asks priest who wants $7.8 million accounted for
- San Francisco: Despite questionable local support, archbishop lauded by conservatives
- Column from Michael Sean Winters: In his second term, Obama trying to make waves in foreign policy
- Francis asks: 'Who are you to shut the door of mercy for someone?'
- Is exorbitant CEO pay a form of tyranny? Thomas Aquinas thinks so
National news from around the web:
- Ferguson turmoil draws Bill Graham's rapid response team
- More television networks jumping on the biblical bandwagon
- For the first time, South Boston's St. Patrick's Day parade welcomes LGBT groups
- Scientists call for moratorium on human genetic experiments
- Transit ads linking Nazism and Islam may soon run in Philadelphia
- New York archdiocese announces academic program to train lay people as parish managers
International news from around the web:
- Australian archbishop charged with concealing child sexual abuse
- Shops, schools close in India town over nun's rape
- Pakistan prime minister must take the blame for failing to protect Christians
- Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test in Chile
- Rumble in the rectory: Irish priest takes to the ring
- Feature: Is it time for Jews to leave Europe?
- Bangladesh's poor suffer the most as unrest hits the economy
- Former Tibetan nun recalls jail torture in China
Looking for a little inspiration to begin your day? NCR's sister publication, Celebration, gives you two options, both based on the Scripture readings of the day:
Pencil Preaching is a blog in which Celebration editor Pat Marrin combines Scripture and sketching to reflect on the Word.
Daily Bread is a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings. Daily Bread is intended to help daily preachers and others who pray from the assigned Scriptures each day to orient themselves to the Living Word addressed to the church in the world. It's a great way to begin the day.