Here are the must read stories on NCR today:
- Editorial: Go beyond a foot-stomping 'no'
- Column: The cry of the middle-class by Phyllis Zagano
- Book review: Pacifism, feminism -- and Catholicism?
- ICYMI: Democratic presidential hopefuls talk immigration reform, economics at NCLR conference
- Nuns lose latest court battle to avoid contraception mandate
- Activist who took down Confederate flag drew on her faith and on new civil rights awakening
National news from around the web:
- 'Religious freedom' bill picks up momentum in the House
- Gay marriage and the future of evangelical colleges
- Governor warns of ticket scams to see Pope Francis in New York
- Philadelphia archbishop supports school that fired gay teacher, calling dismissal 'common sense'
International news from around the web:
- With freedom for Catholic education uncertain, English diocese charts a path
- Church of England is 'borderline racist,' bishop tells synod
- Commentary: A radical Vatican?
- China set to try jailed U.S. missionary near North Korean border
- Column: The single most important question to ask about the Iran deal