The Leadership Conference of Women Religious kicked off their 2015 assembly last night in Houston. For all of the latest coverage, including news and commentary, go to Global Sisters Report. If you would like to discuss the coverage, go to our discussion page.
Also on Global Sisters Report:
- Young sisters prepare to be the change in religious life
- Notes from the Field: Life as a volunteer in Ethiopia
Here are some stories to read on NCRonline today:
Visit National Catholic Reporter's Online Classifieds to learn about job opportunities, events, retreats and more.
- Column: Realpolitik in the Middle East
- African theologians, bishops cry out for more expansive synod discussions
- Iraqi archbishop discusses desperate plight of Iraqi Christians
- Knights of Columbus create Christian refugee fund
- Book Review: Sustainability bound with spirituality
National news from around the web:
- Bush: US may need more troops in Iraq to beat Islamic State
- Ohio high court advises judges not refuse to perform gay marriages
- Essay: Proslavery theology's legacy
- The confession of NFL's Arian Foster
- Phoenix priests use social media to connect with their flock
- Eagles fans petition Pope Francis to bless Sam Bradford's knees
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul celebrates 150 years
- The most Catholic cities in the U.S.
International news from around the web:
- Jerusalem archbishop condemns political world on silence of Christian slaughter
- Priest in Tuscan town offers baby bonus to have more children
- Correction of the day: Is the pope Catholic?
- Vatican official demands Israel charge Jewish extremist
- Francis chooses 2016 World Day of Peace theme