If you haven't read the series on guns by Soli Salgado, you are missing out. Read part one: Effort aims to curb gun deaths, then read part two: But guns make us safer, right? And end with our editorial: Get behind common-sense agenda on guns.
At Global Sisters Report: As U.N. prepares for monumental year, advocates question new anti-poverty goals
Some national news from around the web:
- Philadelphia archdiocese settles with Billy Doe
- Philadelphia archdiocese cancels LGBT program ahead of pope's visit
- Near bustling Harvard Square, monks provide silent sanctuary
- The price tag tacked to Francis' visit to Philly
- Bunk on a battleship during Francis' visit
- N.Y.C. Catholic schools study charters for ideas
Some international news from around the web:
- Boko Haram mystery: Just who is leading the group?
- As more Irish turn away from Catholicism, parents call for non-religious schools
- Newspaper nixes Peru cardinal after papal plagiarism
- Parish priests to double up duties in Ireland diocese
- Catholic church in Scotland asks forgiveness from child abuse victims
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.