Lots of must reads on the NCR website today:
- Disgraced Vatican nuncio Wesolowski died, awaiting trial for sex abuse
- Read Fr. Thomas Reese's fourth installment of columns about Laudato Si': Integral ecology, everything is connected
- Column by Colman McCarthy: Francis needs to go beyond his play-it-safe verbiage
- Groups seek to broaden input on issues for family synod
- Despite poll, Catholic climate leader is optimistic Laudato Si' is spreading
- Young Voices: Welcome to parenthood. Try not to screw it up too badly.
If you aren't already checking out NCR's sister site, Global Sisters Report, do it now:
- Sisters preserve ethnic groups' cultures by collecting ancient artifacts
- Notes from the Field: Coming home from volunteering. Working with the Catholic Volunteer Network, GSR enlisted four young women working in ministries of Catholic sisters around the world – Honduras, Thailand, Ethiopia and the United States – to blog about their experiences. Read the whole series here.
Some national news from around the web:
- Obama to seek unity with Francis on issues during White House visit
- Biden will push Iran deal during Miami Jewish meeting
- Philly preps blessed beer and other edible swag to greet Pope Francis
- The real Muslim-American threat is against Muslims
- Editorial: When Orthodox and Evangelicals align, what it means for the rest of us
- Greenwich, Conn., shop tapped to help make chair for papal visit
- The Catholic church is as big as any company in America. Bankruptcy cases have shed some light on its finances and their mismanagement
- California Catholic hospital agrees to sterilization after lawsuit
- Texas family sues Catholic school over special needs accommodations
- Substitute teacher-priest seeks OK to wear religious habit in West Virginia classroom
- Michigan priest accused of stealing $573k from parish
- "The Boatman" chronicles life in New Orleans 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
International news from around the web:
- 35 of Pope Francis' most prophetic statements
- Francis embraces the mystical side of the Catholic church
- China arrests Christians who opposed removal of crosses
- After scandals, Ireland is no longer the "most Catholic country in the world"
- Argentine mom hopes pope will help her her son off death row
- Where Pope Francis learned humility
- Sex abuse victim given two hour audience with Scottish archbishop
- Palestinians could raise flag at U.N. headquarters before Francis arrives
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.