Today is the one-year anniversary of Archbishop Oscar Romero being declared a martyr, paving his way to sainthood. Here is some of NCR's coverage:
- Francis recognizes Oscar Romero as martyr; beatification expected
- 'The people in the parish have been waiting and waiting for this'
If you haven't been reading NCR's newest blog series, "The Field Hospital," check it out now. Some of the latest stories include:
- Secured collection systems protect parish funds, integrity against theft
- From the collection basket to the bank: Lax practices mean lost money
History suggests Marrakesh Declaration no guarantee of religious freedom
Gay rights campaigner reverses course in gay cake dispute
Don't forget to check out Global Sisters Report:
- International sisters play important and growing role in US communities
- Q & A with Sheri Shuster, exposing California sex trafficking
- A new GSR editor from a street called Lois Lane
- How has the Year of Consecrated Life affected people, especially you as sisters?
LGBT groups raise funds to buy anti-gay Harlem church facing foreclosure
Along the edges of faith: The many sectors of American chaplains