Here is the news on NCRonline today:
- ICYMI: Part 1 of a 4-part series on hell, hope and healing and survivors of sexual abuse
- Column: The pontificate might be stuck in the mud
- Opinion: Berrigan's witness to nonviolence challenged a church and a nation
- Bishop reiterates that popular Puerto Rican Marian devotion not approved
- Don't miss the new series on Francis, the comic strip
Here is what's new on Global Sisters Report:
This week, we celebrate the first anniversary of the launch of our podcast, NCR in Conversation. Catch the latest episode here.
- Mining and extraction coalition at UN holds countries, companies accountable
- Sisters focus on commitment to global solidarity at UISG opening session
- Extracting industries unite sisters and brothers across continents
- Q & A with Ramona Casas, Mercy associate, community animator
Other news from around the world:
- London's new Muslim mayor joins Holocaust memorial
- Historic Bosnian mosque reopens in move toward reconciliation
- Muslim cyber warriors take on Islamic State
- How bathrooms became the new battleground of the religious right
- Spirituality may help AIDS patients live longer
- TV shows are finally ready to have a serious talk about religion
- Detroit priest removed for sex abuse found working at pregnancy center for teens
- Boko Haram can be defeated by Christian-Muslim reconciliation, says Nigeria bishop
- Chinese Bishop Zhang, who defied government, dies at 90
- Irish priest who saved thousands in WW2 honoured at Vatican
- Pope prays for people displaced by Canadian wildfires
Just $5 a month supports NCR's independent Catholic journalism.
We are committed to keeping our online journalism open and available to as many readers as possible. To do that, we need your help. Join NCR Forward, our new membership program.
Looking for comments?
We've suspended comments on NCRonline.org for a while. If you missed that announcement, learn more about our decision here.