Here are the must read stories at NCRonline today:
- Francis to visit John Paul II's homeland
- AME Church: Climate change disproportionately hurts blacks
- Column: Que sera Sarah?
- Opinion: Is anti-Zionism inherently anti-Semitic?
- Opinion: The first night at the GOP convention
- Book Review: "American Jesuits and the World"
- Former Puerto Rico priest sentenced to prison for felony in sexual abuse case
- 5 faith facts on Mike Pence: A 'born-again, evangelical Catholic'
Yesterday was the first day of a month-long prayer action called for by the National Black Catholic Congress. They ask that all people of good will to pray this prayer together.
Don't miss these stories at Global Sisters Report:
- Growing number of associates partner with religious communities to quench spiritual thirst
- Q & A with Srs. Barbara Kennedy and Sarah Deeby, providing counseling for what patients can afford
- Nuns on the Bus 2016: Choosing positive change
- Sisters of St. Joseph Federation Event promotes love, unity in face of tragedy
Stories from around the web:
- GOP convention speakers declare everything is awful, then go on to prove it
- United Methodist Church elects first openly gay bishop, in defiance of church rules
- Judge: Jurors for Dylann Roof trial to come from Charleston
- Aspiring nun crowdfunds to pay off $12K student loan debt
- Muslim mob stabs Christian to death in Egypt over feud
- Give chickpeas a chance: Why hummus unites, and divides, the Middle East
- Dear non-racist white people: stop saying we’re not racist
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.