Here are the must read stories at NCRonline today:
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the 'God gap'?
- Opinion: An abundant worldview leads to shared prosperity
- ICYMI: Gathering discusses Americans' lost confidence
- 5 faith facts about Dem. VP pick Tim Kaine, a Jesuit-educated Catholic
- ICYMI: The 2016 Catholic vote
- Commentary: Democrats' abortion plank misconstrues will, beliefs of most Americans
- Eco-Catholic: Pre-DNC march pleads for clean energy path to better health
- NCR Bertelsen intern Kristen Whitney Daniels is in Poland for World Youth Day. Read her Day 1 dispatch here. And follow all the news from World Youth Day here.
Don't miss these stories at Global Sisters Report:
- Recycling center in Brooklyn creates community while serving those in need
- Detaining immigrants has a more profound effect than many realize
- GSR is following the Nuns on the Bus. You can read the latest column, Four virtues for 21st-century justice work and Gospel living, or catch up on all the columns here.
- ICYMI: Look to space to gain some perspective
- Sisters nurse South Sudan's fragile peace as worry about ethnic conflict mounts
Other news from around the web:
- Top DNC staffer apologizes for email on Sanders’ religion
- Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban on gay adults
- Rebuilding peace: Cyprus restores derelict churches, mosques
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Trump might not recognize the church where he grew up
- The faith factor: Can Kaine help Clinton win the Catholic vote?