Here's what's also new at NCRonline today:
- The pope is in Sweden, where he has called on Lutherans and Catholics to new 'common path' and proposed six new Beatitudes for the modern era.
- Column: Ecumenism in our time; a fruit of the Council
- San Diego diocesan synod seeks to put 'Amoris Laetitia' into action
- Column: Homeless mother lets the cruel knife drop
- Eco Catholic: For Ursuline sister, every day is World Food Day
- Pope sends Detroit bishop to Guam archdiocese hit by abuse allegations
- Philippine bishops urge All Souls' Day prayers for drug war victims
From Global Sisters Report:
- Four weeks after Hurricane Matthew, Haiti's needs remain dire
- The situation in Nigeria can no longer be ignored
- Q & A with Sr. Rose Thapa, first native superior general of her congregation
- Column: Spirit bandwagon, visionaries, healers and what else?
- Sisters in Africa discuss efforts to protect environment, address climate change
- Showing up for Mother Earth when so much seems hopeless
More news from around the web:
- 'Atlantic' journalist shows how to get religion right
- Why did the Catholic church ban the spreading of ashes?
- Boston archdiocese gives $850,000 to fight marijuana bid
- Column: Religion may be a miracle drug
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.