Today is Election Day. Go out and vote. And read these pieces to stay informed:
- Post-election church services aim to reconcile Christian voters
- Column: US election's very essence was indecency
- Blog: Theology of a taco truck
- Column: Hillary Clinton wants to be president, not your mother
- Column: Our hurting world needs saints
- Column: What does it mean for governance to have an issue-free election?
- The rest of our Election 2016 coverage can be found here.
More Election Day news:
- A Catholic priest put an aborted fetus on the altar in an appeal for Donald Trump
- Trump accuses US-based Somalis of spreading extremism
- The religious right starts to look past Election Day
- How much Jewish support will Trump cost the Republican party?
- How a series of fringe anti-Muslim conspiracy theories went mainstream — via Donald Trump
At Global Sisters Report:
- After Typhoon Haiyan, Mercy Sisters in Philippines rebuild school, hospital
- Column: This is how we heal the rifts
- Q & A with Sr. Cecilia Suwannee Phetpanomporn, working with Karen refugees in Thai camps
In other news around the web:
- Dylann Roof case: FBI probes mystery letters
- Israel says 'no' to Middle East peace conference in Paris
- Marriage equality plebiscite bill voted down in Australian Senate
- Why two states are at odds over the future of the death penalty
- Donations to religious institutions fall as values change
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.