Here is what's new at NCRonline today:
- Vatican confirms Francis did not renew terms of Burke, Pell on worship congregation
- Column: Mercy Associate learned compassion from Irish immigrant parents
- 'Sanctuary churches' vow to shield immigrants from Trump crackdown
- Poland: Culture through a pilgrim's eyes
- New York state court rules Sheen remains should be transferred to Peoria
- Rwandan bishops apologize for role in 1994 genocide
- British cardinal: some media foster 'climate of fear' against migrants
- Christian persecution called 'purposeful' destruction of a culture, faith
- Column: The view on Trump from Rome
Don't miss these stories at Global Sisters Report:
- US food justice, part one: Equal access to nutrition determined by economic policy
- US food justice, part two: Sisters take action to increase access to nutrition
- Intentionality will connect our goals across the world
- Q & A with Sr. Fabiola Fabbri, bringing love to orphans in southern India
In other news around the web:
- How technology helped Martin Luther change Christianity
- How Gypsies have moved from fortune-telling to fervent Christianity
- In biblical lands of Iraq, Christianity in peril after ISIS
- What is behind the turkey pardoning ritual?
- Church in northern Iraq reopened after two years under IS control
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.