Now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over, it's time to give a bit back with Giving Tuesday. You can donate to NCR here.
Here's what's new at NCRonline today:
- Georgetown students join protest of potential Trump EPA pick
- Vatican trial underway for Guam archbishop, says new coadjutor
- ICYMI: Soldier turned philosopher specializes in military ethics, just war tradition
- Louisville Catholic school partakes in Green for Good research project
- Soul Seeing: Seeing God through the eyes of a wild creature
- Column: Trump and the 'War on Christmas'
At Global Sisters Report:
- In outskirts of Ecuador's largest city, two sisters improve lives
- Slain Missionaries of Charity nun revered as martyr in eastern India
- Q & A with Sr. Jessica Kerber, working with women discerning religious life
- Column: Immigrants face a terrifying future under Trump, and Christians must be there
In other news around the web:
- Hundreds of churches offer sanctuary to undocumented migrants after election
- Standing Rock is a new turn in Christian ties with native Americans
- Spirituality: Unpacking a Glow Word
- Miami Cuban celebration turns to reflection on Castro death
- In fight for Mosul, an effort to bridge divide with Sunnis
- In northern Iraq, Yazidis risk all to flee Islamic State
- Religious extremism is spreading to inland China
- If you're Catholic, and you've sinned, there's an app for that
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.