Here is what's new at NCRonline today:
- Editorial: Speak out against nuclear weapons
- Part two of three: Pope Paul VI's greatness lies in his church leadership after Vatican II. Read part one here.
- Participants of landmark Vatican just war conference to meet again in Rome
- Soul Seeing: How do you grandmother in this complicated world?
- Pope calls Coptic Pope Tawadros to express condolences after Cairo attack
- Ohio lawmakers send governor two bills restricting abortion
Don't miss these stories at Global Sisters Report:
- Dominicans' hostel supports college students in Vietnam
- Immigrants, advocates fortify resources after Trump election
- Q & A with Sr. James Ann Germuska, helping seniors overcome the stigma of mental health issues
- Iraqi Dominicans visit home for the first time in more than two years
- 'Dreamers' respond to President-elect Trump's proposed immigration policies
In other news around the web:
From our sister publication: A Place to Call Home, a new series focusing on women religious helping people who are homeless. Read more
- A message of tolerance and welcome, spreading from yard to yard
- Republicans will re-file religious freedom bill protecting anti-gay beliefs
- UK adopts antisemitism definition to combat hate crime against Jews
- Artist works to preserve Christian heritage in Hamas-run Gaza
- Trump is bringing progressive Protestants back to the church
- Should anti-Trump Evangelicals leave the movement?
- Italy's Muslims celebrate Christmas to calm integration fears
- Baby Jesus is holding his own in the battle over who delivers Christmas presents
Start your day inspired with daily scripture reflections. Join NCR's sister publication, Celebration, for Daily Bread, a series of short reflections written by four authors who meet regularly to share the readings.
Or reflect on Pencil Preaching by Pat Marrin. Every morning Pat Marrin breaks open the Word with a pencil sketch and a short meditation.